What a whirlwind my first show was! I’ve talked about it a lot on Instagram but this is my first time blogging about it, so to catch you all up, I am the host of an online tv show called This Is Food. It airs online at RVN TV. The show is about all things nourishing for our bodies. I have to give my first guest, Caroline, credit for being my pioneer, this first show definitely had some hiccups. Between the mic malfunction down to my nerves, I humbly asked her to come back for another attempt after I worked out the kinks! We did still manage to pull it off, and I would love for you to watch it by clicking here, and selecting “The Galley Cafe”. Be warned, you can’t hear me for the first half. All the important details (like the recipe Caroline shared and how to get a hold of her) are below!
I was honored to have my first guest Caroline McGuire on the show. I’ve actually known Caroline since we were little girls! She is now a nutritionist and a holistic chef.
On the show, we talked about how certain foods can make you sick and what Caroline offers for services to help balance out your diet. We also talked about health issues that Caroline has helped maintain or cure (like IBS) through food and then chatted about the number one food she recommends in everyone’s diet. Can you guess what it might be?
I’ll give you a clue…it’s green.
Towards the end, Caroline shared some seriously simple breakfast recipes with us. They are really good and healthy, so that’s a win! I went to the store and got what I needed to make my own at home. I couldn’t wait because breakfast is so hard for me, I’m normally chasing my two little humans around trying to get them fed and ready for school. Feeding myself is honestly on the back burner. Breakfast is so important, we hear it all the time, but it’s hard to get something together in a timely manner for yourself. Have you actually ever experienced the difference in your day of eating a regular (or processed) breakfast compared to eating something full of whole foods? I have, and I know my energy levels are a lot higher and maintained throughout the day when I eat a nutritious breakfast. I know you’re wondering what anything could possibly be that includes the words recipe, healthy and quick, so here it is, as Caroline said in the show, “I dare you to try it and not like it.”
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind, unsweetened)
- 2 tsp organic maple syrup
- 4 tbsb chia seeds
- 1 tbsb cacoa powder
- To a mason jar, add chia, milk, maple syrup, and cocoa powder
- Whisk well or shake vigorously until cacoa powder is well combined
- Close tight and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. It’s best to do this the night before, so in the morning you can grab it and go.
- After refrigeration, you can add toppings like strawberries, cocao nibs, chopped nuts or anything else you choose!
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (almond, flax, cashew or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp organic maple syrup
- 1/2 banana, mashed (optional)
- Add the milk, oats, maple syrup and banana to a mason jar.
- Close jar and give it a good shake.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight so you can grab and go in the morning.
- In the morning, top with fruit, nuts, nut butter, seeds, granola, protein powder, coconut or spices.
I made both of my jars with organic unsweetened almond milk. I used raspberries to top my chia pudding cup and pumpkin cinnamon granola to top my overnight oats cup. Bananas are really good in the chia cup too! I also used an organic pancake syrup, be careful with which one you buy, a lot of regular syrups have high fructose corn syrup in them. Both jars are good for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, so make a few Sunday night and you’re good for your entire work or school week! Thank you, Caroline, for this gift of health and convenience!
If you would like more awesome recipes or nutritional services from Caroline, go to her website by clicking here!
Or follow her on Instagram @carolinesgalley
Thanks for checking out my first week on RVN, be sure to tune in live every Thursday at 11am EST!
To watch episodes On Demand, click here!